Thursday, January 8, 2009

last years' highlights

my first blog for 2009. I'm still having post holiday sickness and i am still on vacation mode, even though my work officially started January fifth, my boss called saying that there will be changes with our area configurations this year. i got stressed because its not good news for me, first I was displaced from my area last year, and I'm gonna handle some unfamiliar products which means am gonna promote them all over again, well its a new year and a new challenge, am having high hopes with the configuration thing, hope it will do best with our district and the whole company.

i just would like to sum up the places I've been last year. there were lots of firsts, and some are re-visits. been out of the country twice and have explored other parts of the country, thanks to my job...


last february was an amazing trip to bangkok, thailand. kinda similar to metro manila setting, the weather, heavy traffic, pollution, people, shopping malls everywhere, tiangge and really cheap finds, its a shopping haven. buddha temples and palaces are also everywhere, some of the buddha's were made of pure gold or with bronze. and if you're lucky enough you can spot an elephant roaming around streets of bangkok.

the grand palace





one of the hundreds buddha temple in bangkok, with pure gold buddha




ayutthaya temple ruins in ayutthaya (outside bangkok)


two of many of the shopping areas in bangkok, central world and siam paragon






one of my local trips last year was in cebu and bohol, being confined in the upper part of the philippines, going there for the first time is also exciting. we went to cebu to attend a wedding and while there, we decided to go side tripping in bohol, just 2 hours boat ride from cebu. here are some of the places to see.

port san pedro in cebu





baclayon church in bohol



mingle with world's smallest primate the tarsier



biggest kisses chocolate




island hopping





it was an experience, makes realize that our country has something to offer with the international tourist, cebu and bohol
pa lang to namangha na ko, pano na lang kaya sa iba pang magagandang lugar dito sa pilipinas?

my other trip abroad last year was in hongkong, the trip was unplanned. luckily, we managed to book a flight even with only few days before the day of departure. my third time to be there but its the first time that i am with my wife and son. all in all i enjoyed that trip it was tiring as usual beacuse of the long walks that you have to go through, wala kasi tricycle dun. taxi would cost you much kaya lakad na lang according to my cousin who is been working there since i was in high school.

hongkong skyline is one of its major attraction



enjoying disney parade in disneyland


big buddha in lantau island



last year was a blast, i did good with my job, i got to travel, and the most important thing that i started last year is blogging, although i confess that i am not really good in writing, thanks to gentle who introduced me with this whole thing!

1 comment:

gentle said...

i love the last picture!